SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 24, 2017

Birchbox: July Box Review


Oribe Apres Beach Wave Spray: My hair is naturally wavy, but it usually takes a little extra finesse to make it look presentable. I put this in my hair while it was damp (instructions said either damp or dry hair). I didn't sleep in a bun or anything, and just let it air dry. In the morning it was wavy but throughout the day it kinda lost its curl. I think next time I might try it while my hair is dry and see if it works better.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangling Spray: As a kid my hair would always be tangled after washing it. I had super long hair and used to use a detangling spray. My hair doesn't really tangle like that anymore but I used it as a protectant spray with my straightener. It made my hair feel less frizzy (especially with the humidity in Florida). Also shiny as well.

Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer: with the face wash I use the it dries out my skin, but it does a pretty good job with removing my makeup, so I take the good with the, I guess you can say bad. This was a nice moisturizer, did I see my complexion get better, no. And I probably won't see that with this small sample, but I would keep using this product to see if it would help with my complexion. It also has a nice floral scent and is recommended from Allure magazine.

Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil: Most days I usually don't fill in my brows. This was probably the smallest sample I ever received. Probably can only do your brows twice with it. But over all it looked and worked really well. I am not a professional when it comes to my brows So I usually just try to fill in the thin areas. You can see the photo below the right side has the brow pencil and the left side doesn't. I think I would buy this in a full size version.


LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick: Reds are some of my favorite colors to wear. This one I wore yesterday to brunch and out with some friends. It didn't completely stay one but I was surprised when I looked in the mirror later in the day you could still see a hint of red. Also a huge thing for me was that it didn't dry out my lips, like a lot of matte lipsticks do. See photo below of shade. Shade: Rose to the Occasion.