Monday, June 26, 2017

Makeup Monday: Ipsy June Glam Bag Review



NYX Whipped Fouette Lip & Cheek Color: First of all, can I just say this fouetté smells amazing!!! It smells like butter cream icing. I was excited to get this sample. I have always been intrigued by whipped lip/cheek stains. When it comes to blush I am pretty "old fashioned" and tend to buy powders. I liked this formula. I was a light formula and went on very easy. The color I received was called "Pink Cloud". Highly recommend and it's pretty inexpensive.

Make Up Forever Aqua XL Eye Pencil: Can we go ahead and give this eye pencil for the most stubborn to get off? I literally couldn't even get it off with a makeup wipe. I had to whip out the eye solvent and q tip and SCRUB it off. Now I know why it's an Allure "Best of Beauty" award winner. I will be buying this pencil again. And it comes in a ton of different colors. 

Peek Black Eye Primer: Alright, I might not know everything about makeup but I did have to look up what "black eye primer" was. I had never heard of this. I just always stuck to my Urban Decay eye primer. I was shocked to find out that you apply this before your powder shadows and it helps to intensify your color. They also offer white to brighten. It also helps to prevent creasing. Which definitely happens it the humidity that I live in. It did seem to intensify but not sure if I would buy this again. I would be willing to try the white primer though. 

Pur Fully Charged Mascara: I love getting mascara samples. I have long lashes so I love trying new brands to help intensify my lashes. This formula "wraps a positively charged elastic veil around each lash" which causes they to have more volume and become separated. It did seem to lift and separate my lashes. I personally didn't care for this formula. I like my lashes to look fuller and thicker, and with 2 coats on below, it made them thin and twiggy. 

Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash: I have received a face wash by this brand before, and I liked it. This one helps to prevent breakouts, bumps and irrational from stress related hormonal changes. At this point in my life I don't have breakouts too much anymore, but this cleaner was very refreshing and made my face feel softer after using it. Not sure if I would use this as my everyday cleanser but I loved the formula. 

*All opinions are my own.